VODAFONE GHANA MUSIC AWARDS
PREDICT & WIN CONTEST
SERVICE DESCRIPTION & MECHANICS
Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) Predict & Win is a contest that seeks to provide opportunity for the public, to partake in games based on this year’s music awards programme. The contest is limited to Vodafone Ghana mobile prepaid consumers only. The promo will run as an SMS based subscription service with a daily ticket fee.
Participants will be able to enter their predictions through a USSD menu, available by dialling *525#. Multiple predictions are encouraged, to boost chances of winning. In the 2019 VGMA, three award categories have been made available for predictions. These are;
- Artiste of the Year.
- Song of the Year.
- Album of the Year.
18th March 2019 at 00:00:01 GMT to 18th May 2019 at 18:00:00 GMT.
This contest is limited to all Vodafone Ghana consumer mobile prepaid subscribers only.
To join the promo, an eligible Vodafone subscriber is required to a dial *525#, navigate the USSD menu, and select their preferred options.
Participants can also use the following direct dials to access the contest;
|Promo Summary Information
A participant is charged daily. Once charging is successful, a participant will receive the following benefits;
- Receive a notification to commence predictions.
- Have an unlimited number of predictions to make before midnight.
- Receive free SMS content updates/news on the 2019 VGMA.
||NO. OF WINNERS
|Grand Prize – 1st Runner Up
|Grand Prize – Ultimate Winner
- Criteria for Selecting Winners
To determine daily, weekly and grand prize winners, the following criteria will be used, in this particular order of relevance and weight.
- The number of times a participant is successfully charged or billed daily from his credit balance. Predictions made when charging/billing has not been successful will not count towards the final total used in determining winners.
- In the event of a tie in (i) above, the total number of correct predictions entered by tied participants, will be applied.
- In the event of ties in both (i) and (ii) above, the total number of all predictions (both correct and incorrect) entered by participants, will be applied.
The following rules and guidance will be applied to winners, multiple winners and prizes redemption;
- No one player can win more than two daily prizes in a week. Selection of daily winners will be based on a random selection from a list of successfully daily charged subscribers. Participants rewarded with daily prizes, remain eligible to win weekly prizes and grand prizes.
- No one player can win more than two weekly prizes in a month. Selection of weekly winners will be based on subscribers with the highest count of successful charges within the week.
- Participants rewarded with weekly prizes, remain eligible to win daily prizes and grand prizes.
- All winners will be contacted via voice call from a Vodafone representative, for arrangements to be agreed for prize redemption.
- Prize will be transferred to another subscriber if a winner contacted; does not answer the call, does not respond to SMS notifications or is out of reach within 48 hours of first contact being made.
- All prize payments will be made via Vodafone Cash payments. Winners are all required to register for Vodafone Cash in order to successfully receive payments. All payments will come with an SMS notification.
- Vodafone accepts no responsibility whatsoever for and without limitation, any error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure when it is not under its direct control.
- Vodafone shall make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the benefits promoted as being available to members will actually be available as represented. However, Vodafone does not guarantee or warrant that such benefits shall always be available. Vodafone advises members to check availability of the desired benefits prior to redemption of the said benefits.
- If for any reason any aspect of this offer is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Vodafone which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this offer, Vodafone may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the Offer. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Vodafone and which prevents Vodafone from complying with these Terms and Conditions Vodafone will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Vodafone reserves the right to suspend the Offer temporarily or permanently for legal, regulatory and for operational reasons (e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades) whenever it is deemed necessary. Vodafone undertakes where possible to restore the Offer as soon as practicable after any temporary suspension period. Vodafone shall not be liable for any claims, losses or injuries whatsoever the Customer may suffer as a result any such suspension
- Vodafone makes no warranty, implied or express, that any part of the Offer will be uninterrupted and error-free.
- Neither Vodafone nor any of its directors, employees, agents or suppliers shall accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any Customer for participating in the Offer.
- A Vodafone Customer’s continued participation in the Offer constitutes the member’s acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Participants are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that Vodafone may make to these Terms and Conditions. Vodafone will endeavour to make available the Terms and Conditions and any changes thereto on the Vodafone website – www.vodafone.com.gh
- If Vodafone or any Partner improperly denies a participant any benefits that the participant ought to have earned under the Offer, the participant’s exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied benefits by Vodafone, if available, or such other reasonable, alternative and comparable benefits as determined by Vodafone. In the event of any of the aforementioned improper denials, the liability of Vodafone shall be limited to the value of the benefits concerned.
- Participants are liable for any claims from third parties, including the tax authorities, arising from participation in this Offer.
- Personal data relating to participants in this Offer that may be processed and used for purposes of the Offer shall be in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
- Vodafone reserves the right to terminate, suspend, cancel or amend the offer and these Terms and Conditions, reward structure, participation of any Vodafone Customer in the Offer at any time. Any changes will be posted on the Vodafone website and other online platforms and shall be binding on a Customer. Vodafone will use all endeavours to minimise any effect on the consumer in order to avoid disappointment.
- In the event of dispute regarding the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions, conduct and all other matters relating to the Offer the decision of Vodafone shall be final and without appeal.
- These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while the Offer lasts (not taking into account temporary suspensions of the Offer for operational reasons, e.g. for repairs, planned maintenance or upgrades).
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ghana